Carmen’s Tomato-Avocado Salsa & Virgin Margaritas
Airdate: 7th June 2020
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane & Carmen Braidwood
Story Title: Carmen’s Tomato-Avocado Salsa & Virgin Margaritas
1 garlic clove
1 red onion
Smoked paprika to sprinkle
Tortilla or corn chips to serve
- Finely dice your tomatoes, avocado, chilis and coriander.
- Juice lime and cover the diced onion in juice for 5-10 mins.
- Combine diced veggies and herbs, then add your crushed garlic.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika and serve with corn or tortilla chips.
Virgin Margarita Ingredients
2 parts lemon juice
2 parts lime juice
1 part orange juice
3 parts simple syrup (1 cup of sugar dissolved into 1 cup water over heat)
¼ teaspoon orange extract (if you have)
Sea salt for the rim of the glass
Virgin Margarita Recipe
- Add lemon, lime and orange juice
- Dissolve 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water over heat
- Use lime juice and dip into layer of sea salt on a saucer
- Shake ingredients over ice
- Pour into salt rimmed glass
- Serve and enjoy!