Story: Celery Leaf
Presenter: Neville Passmore
Air Date: 15 August 2020
Celery leaf, grown by Swan Valley Nursery, is an easy to grow herb with a great celery flavour.
- Celery leaf is popular in stews, soups, and casseroles, but also works well as a garnish to salads, main courses, and appetisers.
- It enhances other herbs and flavours, partnering well with chives, parsley, thyme, garlic, bay leaf, and chervil.
- You can use both the stems and the foliage but be careful of how much you use as the flavour can be very strong.
- Make sure to harvest celery leaf regularly. The more you harvest, the longer your plant will last.
- Celery leaf can last for a couple of years if harvested regularly. Make sure to remove any flower stems as they appear.
- The best time to grow this delicious herb is in late winter through to early spring. It grows quickly and likes fertile moist soil in part to full sun.
- Regular application of Seasol and Powerfeed will keep the plant healthy and producing well.
For more information, head to